Cynthia Turner hosted a WeDeliverPeriod drive in her hometown. She's a doer and an inspiration. Hear from her yourself:
1. Why did you decide to host a WeDeliverPeriod Care Packaging Day? I actually hosted a drive over the course of a month. I created invites for support and distributed them to people I felt would support. I also posted a flyer on FB and garnered support there as well.
2. What steps did you take to host a care packaging day? For the drive I created a flyer, a physical invitation, and an email support letter.3. What was difficult/what was easy? The work was pretty easy as I followed the templates provided.
4. How did you select a receiving organization? I selected the organization based upon a web search and subsequent research on the organization. There mission was firm and impactful. Their email response to my inquiry was prompt and they were willing to receive the care packages without a lot of additional paperwork. (Find out more about Courtney's House).
5. What was the organization's response to this effort? They are eager to receive the support.
6. Any advice or encouragement you'd offer to someone considering hosting a care packaging day? Follow the template, enlist a community of support, and communicate frequently with those who have committed their time and resources.